As not the most active blogger (wish I was, but I do have a very sweet newborn baby attached to my boob for most of the day), I didn’t know that we bloggers can *tag* one another, much like the now out-dated email surveys. Except those were pretty lame, asking questions like do you prefer coke or pepsi? But you learn something new every day and today I learned that my witty blogger friend, Ericka, has tagged me to complete a list of 10 things I love. And since I love LOVE, I jumped at the chance. Here they are in no particular order…
1. my loving family, including my brand new precious baby daughter, doting husband, freakin’ adorable stepson, wise mother, super-smart dad, favorite sister, favorite brother, beautiful cousins, crazy aunts, cool uncles… (so what if it’s a no-duh, I couldn’t possibly leave them out of the list)
2. my best girlfriends who are also my family (you know who you are)
3. herbal tea especially Herbal Philosophy teas 😉
4. yoga, which after years of practice, is finally teaching me how to quiet my busy mind.
5. the Rockhouse Hotel in Jamaica, the most magical place on earth! OK, the beaches of Thailand are also pretty magical, but I never got to share them with the love of my life.
6. nursing my little one, especially when she stares up at me, rests her tiny hand on my chest, searches for the nipple with reckless abandon, gets milk-drunk and stretches in pure satisfaction post-feeding, and of course, smiles.
7. music. In particular, the energy of live music. Music that promotes peace.
8. my iPhone, making life so convenient (hello, it’s got a GPS and an iPod) and communication so easy. Almost daily, I snap pictures of my little one to send to my stressed-and-overworked-but-with-a-very-important job hubby via text or email. I can confidently say that this increases his quality of life ten-fold. Yes, Giovanna is really that cute.
9. Center for Spiritual Living, Reverend Kathianne Lewis is the shit and she makes sense of this crazy, crazy life in a language that I understand.
10. Trader Joe’s, their oh-so-affordable organics, and their lack of options (strange, I know, but my indecisiveness can turn a quick grocery trip into 3 hours). I love Whole Foods too, but my wallet doesn’t.
There it is! Now, I tag:
As I sign off, I will leave you with a quote about love from the beloved William Shakespeare:
“Doubt that the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move his aides, Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.”
Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 2