First of all, don’t forget to enter my giveaway for organic herbal remedy teas. Yum!
Today I’d like to discuss something that should be of paramount importance to all parents. How to make a picky child eat his vegetables. Before you try any of these things, don’t forget to explain to your child that vegetables are healthy for his body and will make him grow big and strong. But this probably won’t work every time, so I have a few additional suggestions:
1. Smother them in oil or butter.
2. Chop them up in tiny little pieces so that he doesn’t notice what he’s eating.
3. Pretend his fork is an airplane and “fly” the food into his mouth.
4. Make a colorful salad with fruits AND vegetables. Make sure he doesn’t pick his way around the vegetables.
5. Stick to only the vegetables he likes: baby carrots and cherry tomatoes.
6. Sneak veggies into smoothies, muffins, breads, and sauces.
7. Do not serve dessert until he eats everything on his plate.
8. Threaten an early bedtime.
9. Enroll his assistance in creating a salad dressing or vegetable dish that he’ll like. It will probably be sweet.
10. If all else fails…resort to bribery. Just kidding. Sorta.
How do you get your picky eater to eat his vegetables? Is it a daily battle or have you become a pro? Please share your own experiences and advice!